The Text Card is used to create a standard text message in your Flow.
Text Card Overview
In the next section you discover how to set up your Text Message.
Text Card specifics:
- Card Title
- It has two connectors 1 incoming and 1 out-coming
- Card Preview
Once you’ve clicked on the little cog wheel in the lower-right corner on this card it opens up a new window. This new window contains 5 tabs which will be explained next.
There are 2 fields in this tab:
- Enter a name for your message
- Specify something that’s easy identify-able in the ‘message naming’ field as you might need to edit and/or use this message in another area of Clever Messenger.
- Enter the message you want to send
On entering your text in the field below the highlighted in blue “Text message” the Preview automatically updates. This is where you can see how it will look for your Subscribers. A Text Message can hold both Personalization tags and Emoji.
Triggers are keywords that will fire your message inside Messenger:
Inside this tab you have two fields:
- Positive Keyword(s) – this will trigger your message.
- Negative Keyword(s) – this will STOP the positive keyword.
If you enter “Bingo” as your Positive Keyword Trigger, and one of your subscribers sends you a message which contains the word “Bingo”, the message from this card will be sent to the subscriber. Negative Keyword Triggers basically stop your Positive Keyword Triggers. For instance, if we enter “Ludo” and your subscriber sends you a message which contains “Bingo” and “Ludo” your card will not trigger, and your message will not go out.
You’ll see an overview of all your Triggers inside AI Triggers.
This is the M.me Link generated for this specific message:
You can send this link to people and/or your subscribers. Whenever a subscriber clicks the link, he will get redirected to your chatbot which will start from this card in the flow.
- If your message is singular, subscribers will only receive the message that corresponds with the M.Me Link.
- If your message has any other messages connected, any additional messages connected will also go out to your subscribers.
You’ll see an overview of all your M.me Links inside the M.ME Link Library.
This is where you add Tag(s) to your message:
- Tag(s) entered in this field are added to subscribers and their respective User Profiles. It happens when they’ve ‘seen’ or ‘opened’ your message.
These Tag(s) can be used in various ways when applied to your subscriber, you can use these Tag(s) to Segment your audience, or use them in Flows with the Condition(s) Actions Card. You can see Tag(s) are added on a per Subscriber basis inside User Profiles in the Audience Page.
This is the JSON code for this specific message:
- You can use this JSON code when creating a Facebook to Messenger Ad.
Clever Messenger’s Capture feature called JSON Code Generator allows you combine up to 5 messages (as per Facebook requirements) from different messages regardless of the Flows they are created in. Essentially, it offers you a more robust way of using JSON code in your Ads.
Text Card Save Settings
When satisfied with the settings of your Text Card, simply click “Save Settings” in order to save this card.
This concludes the article on the Flow Composer Text Card. If Facebook, or we at Clever Messenger, makes any changes we’ll update this entry accordingly.