Post Engagement is an entry-point for people to your chatbot. Once setup, you can have your chatbot privately reply to any person commenting on your Facebook fan page post. It’s a great way to follow up with your most engaged fans as well to generate more Messenger subscribers.
Post Engagement Overview
With the Post Engagement feature you can acquire Messenger subscribers from your Facebook fan page posts. It enables you to capture new subscribers based on your desired set or requirements you set up, send them a message once they commented, and directly send a Flow once people become a subscriber.
Post Engagement Library
You’re adventure starts with the Post Engagement Library. All your Post Engagement records are stored in the table at Capture > Post Engagement.
The table will be empty if it’s your first time setting up Post Engagement for fan page post. In the next section you’ll get an overview of how the Post Engagement Library works.
In this section of the article you find what you can expect on the Post Engagement Library page. Respectively, Name, Actions, Drop-down, Search, Pagination, Bulk Actions and more.
- This is the Name you give to your Post Engagement. It’s recommended to use a Name that helps you to find your Post Engagement back easily.
- These are the Actions you can perform on an individual Post Engagement, currently: Edit, Rename and Delete.
Drop Down menu
- You can change the number of records you want to appear per page by clicking the drop down in the right-upper corner. You can choose to show either 10, 25, 50 or 100 records per page.
- In the right-upper corner you can also use the search field. Search terms are applied to all data in the table.
- In the bottom right corner you can view the next page or previous page by clicking “next” or “previous”. This allows you to navigate through all your records.
How to perform Bulk Actions?
You can perform Bulk Actions by clicking the checkboxes – of the records you want to perform Bulk Actions on – in the first column. From there you perform Bulk Actions like “Delete”, by clicking the Bulk Actions button in the right-upper corner.
Create New Post Engagement
Creating a new Post Engagement is easy:
- Simply click on “Create New”.
- Please see the image below for your reference:
- You’ll be asked to give your new Post Engagement a name
- Enter a name for your Post Engagement and click “OK”.
- Please see the image below for your reference:
- After clicking “OK” you’ll be redirected to the Post Engagement builder.
Setting Up Your Post Engagement(s)
In this section you discover what you can do with the Post Engagement Feature
In this section you’ll discover more about the Setting section
Enable to Privately Reply to first-level comments only
- When enabled, your chatbot will only Privately Reply to the first-level comments only. This means any replies to comments (nested comments) will be skipped.
Send message to the same user only once per post
- When enabled, your chatbot will only Privately Reply to the same user one per post. This means that any additional comments by the same user will not trigger your chatbot to Privately Reply.
Require a post reaction
- When you provide a reaction (or reactions), Clever Messenger first checks if the user has met the reaction you specified before sending out the Private Reply to the user’s comment.
Exclude comments with these keyword(s)
- When you provide keyword(s), any user who comments on your Facebook fan page post including these keywords will not receive a Private Reply.
Only trigger for comments with these keyword(s)
- When you provide keyword(s), any user who comments on your Facebook fan page post only receives a Private Reply if their comment(s) match the keyword(s) you’ve specified.
In this section you’ll discover more about the Submitted section
Private reply after post engagement
- The text you specify here will be sent as a private message to everyone who successfully engaged with your post.
Send private reply right after
- Specify the delay after which users will receive the text message you’ve specified under “Private reply after post engagement”.
- Choose between; Immediately, Seconds, Minutes, Hours.
Flow to send after submission
- The selected flow/message will be sent to users who successfully replied to the message you’ve specified under “Private reply after post engagement”.
- Click on “Open Preview” to preview the message the subscriber receives.
Selecting your Fan Page Post
Applying all the settings you’ve specified to a fan page post, or multiple fan page posts, is easy!
- You simply click on the posts you would like to apply your desired settings to.
- Once clicked, the fan page post gets highlighted with a Green Border which indicates this post is now selected.
Enabling your Post Engagement
To make your Post Engagement live, make sure you enable it.
- To enable, make sure the toggle in the right upper corner is blue and switched to the right.
Saving your Post Engagement
Once satisfied with your setup, click “Save” in order to save your Post Engagement.
How to Access Post Engagement
You access Post Engagement overlays/embed on Page Level. You click on the Capture Icon (magnet) and a drop-down appears. Click on Post Engagement to navigate to the Post Engagement Library.
This concludes the article “Post Engagement”, a brief summary of what you can find on the Post Engagement Button Page. As new Post Engagement features come available, we’ll update this article accordingly.